Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice to see they can make that work. I live a few hours away from ZZP and was considering this or the DDM Kit

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I am still not sure why ZZP when installing this had to change/modify the Wastegate on the turbo.
Also although the IC should be upgraded with this larger turbo, is my understanding the Cobalt/HHR IC is the same as ours.
I just do not think the ZZP tuner was to familiar with our ECM vs the Cobalt/HHR, or there is something else going on here.
Our drive train loss is about 17% vs the 11% on a front wheel drive, so it would be interesting to see the Dyno graph with this tune.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
P werks has a bolt on EFR turbo now also...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If PAW has a bolt on EFR, I haven't seen them post about it and it isn`t on the website. Any links?

LV, if you want to go to the links in the other recent GXP coupe thread where I posted multiple times on the ZFR, there are some links discussing an earlier install. The wastegate position needed to be modified due to clearance issues on the kappa platform. From what I remember, there is more info in those links.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
uses stock charge piping and come with .all hardware to make it a bolt on affair

·
Registered
237 Posts
basically the efrs took place of our wr2 wr3 precision based turbos.... our wr2 is still precision based as customers like it but the bigger ones had a real lack of sales so now the wr2 is a 6258 and wr3 a 6758. everything is a direct bolt on. will come with everything you need to adapt your piping and intake. also we do a kappa based waste gate bracket and drain as well as they are different then the cobalts.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That is great news. But IMHO I hope you don't name the new EFR bolt ons the same as the old WR2 and WR3, even with/without the hyphen it is totally confusing. The WR2 and WR3 in old posts were called replacements for the EFR 6258 and 6758 when there was no stock. Call it a WFR or PWR or whatever so people don't confuse the two very different versions.

When are you updating the PAW web page? When are you going to talk about this new turbo hybrid? Looking forward to this. Excellent.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
P werks seems to be slackin' in the "social media dept"...

Too busy building sweet ass products for our rides. I hear they got a couple V8 swaps going on soon, one of them in the 700hp range :willy:

I can blame them, but its hard.
I think they might be waiting to get a few more units out before making it official.

And of course cause I'm a P werks nut swinger, I ask a lot of questions, like all the time.

Thinking about starting a fan club! These guys amaze me.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I just posted over on Kappa Performance -

Yes, our website is very "1999" as you say but it works, is secure and is easy for me to update which is why we have kept it that way for so long. We actually had contracted a so called "developer" to create new site, well 2 years and a couple thousand dollars later I had nothing so I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that and am very apprehensive to get in bed with another "developer"

With that said if you know of any site developers that are willing to tackle an upgrade for us, maybe for some car parts let me know, I am very interested in getting in into your 21st century or whatever century this is here...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just posted over on Kappa Performance -

Yes, our website is very "1999" as you say but it works, is secure and is easy for me to update which is why we have kept it that way for so long. We actually had contracted a so called "developer" to create new site, well 2 years and a couple thousand dollars later I had nothing so I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that and am very apprehensive to get in bed with another "developer"

With that said if you know of any site developers that are willing to tackle an upgrade for us, maybe for some car parts let me know, I am very interested in getting in into your 21st century or whatever century this is here...
I was thinking more of 1998

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Dave:
If you do have those I second the motion to change the name.
Also price wise there is a bit of difference between you Wr3 (New EFR-6758) and the ZFR-6758 from ZZP.
Why the difference if they are both EFR-6758 bolt ons?.
Also do you have Dyno numbers base on the bolt on WR3 (EFR-6758)

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Dave:
If you do have those I second the motion to change the name.
Also price wise there is a bit of difference between you Wr3 (New EFR-6758) and the ZFR-6758 from ZZP.
Why the difference if they are both EFR-6758 bolt ons?.
Also do you have Dyno numbers base on the bolt on WR3 (EFR-6758)
I will start our own thread in our section regarding our bolt on WR series turbochargers, sorry not changing the name.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for posting this over here :thumbs:. For the others that don't know, yep that's my car. I've lurked here awhile but just registered so that's why I posted it on CSS.net first.

I am still not sure why ZZP when installing this had to change/modify the Wastegate on the turbo.
Also although the IC should be upgraded with this larger turbo, is my understanding the Cobalt/HHR IC is the same as ours.
I just do not think the ZZP tuner was to familiar with our ECM vs the Cobalt/HHR, or there is something else going on here.
Our drive train loss is about 17% vs the 11% on a front wheel drive, so it would be interesting to see the Dyno graph with this tune.
Well the way their exhaust housing rotates the turbo so that the outlet lines up with the stock piping puts the wastegate right where the power steering bracket it. By moving the wastegate they only had to relocate the powersteering instead of modifying the whole bracket like people before me had done when trying to install a ZFR on their kappa. I know the power is low, especially the dyno'd numbers. On the dyno we couldn't get their fans set up so that there was decent airflow through the IC so the IAT2s were going through the roof. Like I said in my thread on css.net, I plan on picking up an intercooler this winter (maybe pwerks will have a black friday sale :)) and I already have their IM spacer. With a retune, that should help me make a lot more top end power.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I plan on picking up an intercooler this winter (maybe pwerks will have a black friday sale :))
This! This is my next purchase also!

Black Friday Sale!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I might just have to add this to the wish list. When I read the turbo sounds like sex, I was sold.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.