Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you computer programers out there in the world, let me tell you that the Zip Codes here in the Northeast start with "0". So when you design a system to verify consumer orders in a time conststrained period, it had better damn well accept "0" as one of the required 5 digits in the Zip Code. So we don't sit on our hands when we finally get in waiting for the system to do something while it waits for us to reinvent the way the post office zones their deliverys.
:brentil: :cuss: :mad: :cryin:

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did any one with a "0" as the first digit of their zip get a car? How long did it take the dealer to figure a work around to the problem?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I got in with a zero. We thought same thing might be dropping leading zero.

Did you see post from The Mayor...he thinks they did that deliberately to spread cars around in different places????

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Did any one with a "0" as the first digit of their zip get a car? How long did it take the dealer to figure a work around to the problem?
I think I would have been tempted to just put in a "9" or something and call it a typo when they called to confirm. Any postal software they use to mail stuff out would automatically correct it anyway if the rest of the address info was correct.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
My apprentice code from last night started with a zero so I don't think that was an issue.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
achieftain said:
My apprentice code from last night started with a zero so I don't think that was an issue.
It was the "0" problem in the zip code as confirmed by placing another number there or calling program headquarters.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It was the "0" problem in the zip code as confirmed by placing another number there or calling program headquarters.
I don't get it because I got in with a leading zero zip code. Very strange. All of NJ is leading zero zips.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mceb said:
I don't get it because I got in with a leading zero zip code. Very strange. All of NJ is leading zero zips.
So your dealer didn't have an issue with the infomation confirmation page not working with your New Jersey Zip Code starting with "0"? Very strange, every dealer I have talked to in Massachusetts had a problem with our "0" starting zip codes.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
So your dealer didn't have an issue with the infomation confirmation page not working with your New Jersey Zip Code starting with "0"? Very strange, every dealer I have talked to in Massachusetts had a problem with our "0" starting zip codes.
2 other people at the dealer got whacked by it but 2 orders did get through (I assume the other guy is NJ but don't know for sure). Possible they fixed it? I got in kind of late.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Wierd situation. It will be interesting to see if many others besides mceb got a Sol with a "0" zip.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only way I was able to move forward and wait list my buyers was to reverse the zip so it started with a digit other than "0". Other dealerships were told by program headquarters to just use "11111".

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, think how many people got screwed on that mistake alone. I keep feeling GM needs to step up somehow and make it right but not sure how.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GM should have done some more beta testing on this one! There is going to be a lot of dissapointed NE buyers out there! If that is not bad enough, just wait until those buyers find out their dealers have limited allocations of post 1000 cars since they are in the NE, and Pontiacs allocation formula has them getting a lower number than more southern dealers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Who knows - with that zip code error maybe they will do something. See below from the offical rules.

If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and will post notice of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension at www.pontiac.com/apprentice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ghia said:
Who knows - with that zip code error maybe they will do something. See below from the offical rules.

If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and will post notice of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension at www.pontiac.com/apprentice.
i'm not a lawyer, and that statement is kind of confusing. but i think it says they could scrap the whole program now if they wanted to. :confused:

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They have gone to far to scrap it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Good find ghia, they could choose to modify things somehow, give NE dealers 1 extra car in allocation or something like that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts