Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is Zoom-Zoom Live? A chance to get behind the wheel of the ALL-NEW Mazda Miata MX-5, the car that reinvented the segment. Come discover for yourself what Zoom-Zoom really means!

Four professionally designed drive courses ensure there is something for everyone.

Performance Challenge - Compete against the clock and other participants for the fastest time of the day.

Matched Time Gymkhana - Get behind the wheel of a Mazda 3, Mazda 6 or the just released Mazda 5 and see how close you can come to matching the target course time.

School of Zoom - Learn the ins and outs of handling a true sports car behind the wheel of the RX-8 with a professional instructor.

Jinba Ittai Experience - How smooth are you? Match the predetermined course time and avoid the penalties!

Participate in all 4 events to accumulate points for prizes. Hourly winners, grand prizes, give-a-ways and much, much more!

For more information and to register, go to www.ZoomZoomLive.com or call the Zoom-Zoom Live! Headquarters at 1-800-314-9762 (9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (EST) Mon - Fri)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Check it out. Looks a lot like the Rev-It-Up Mazda had for the last two years but this one is free! Thrash an RX-8 and an MX-5.

·
Registered
161 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I signed up for the Dallas one, I can't wait to whip them with how I'm going to get a Solstice, over and over.

They'll hate me by the end of the day.
Or maybe they'll say, "Cool! Welcome! The more the merrier!"

·
Registered
767 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I signed up for the Dallas one, I can't wait to whip them with how I'm going to get a Solstice, over and over.

They'll hate me by the end of the day.

Maybe you won't make it for the whole day. You might wear out your welcome.
:)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I signed up for the Oct Orlando event. I'm hoping I have my Solstice by then. :D

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
jimmyo said:
Maybe you won't make it for the whole day. You might wear out your welcome.
:)

Actually, I'll probably be nice. At least until I've finished the driving school and learned how to drive my Solstice properly. :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll be at the Houston event. Hard to pass on a chance to compare the MX-5 to the Solstice, right? There's going to be a ton of invective between the two camps as the cars hit the streets....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I've signed up for the Houston event as well. If a miracle happens and I have a Solstice by September 24, I'd love to drive it there. It looks like a lot of fun. Wonder if it's just the Miata or the entire Mazda line. Went to GM's last November also at Reliant Park. They didn't have a Solstice on display but you cold drive a new C6.

·
Registered
90 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I've signed up for the Houston event as well. If a miracle happens and I have a Solstice by September 24, I'd love to drive it there. It looks like a lot of fun. Wonder if it's just the Miata or the entire Mazda line. Went to GM's last November also at Reliant Park. They didn't have a Solstice on display but you cold drive a new C6.
I'm hearing on the Mazda forum that Zoom Zoom is basically a mob event if you don't get there super early. A lot of disappointment there from different posters. Not nearly as good as the website makes it out to be. I do sorely hope you can bring you Sol, though, that'd be great.

Yep, I went to the Autoshow in Motions in Dallas and then in San Antonio last year. The C6 chaperone took me for a couple of laps after I drove, and it was life-changing. I got there early with a buch of GM people though, and I chatted up the driver a long time. GM's ASIM is pretty cool- my much of my family is going in Houston.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I signed up I was #139. A friend signed up about a week ago and was in the high 25,000s. 10 event locations...25K+ people...thrashing around in a Mazda for free is popular.

Yes, the crowds will be terrible. I would advise everyone who was planing to go to the DC event on the 12th to stay home. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow. Well, I'm planning to drive the 3hrs to Houston to go anyway, and do some other excusified business as well. I just have to know- to see and employ my posterior-mounted dynometric device on the new MX-5. I've always been a Miata fan. Ever since an old buddy of mine, now driving professionally, showed me how his NA could humiliate 5.0 Mustangs through traffic at 3 in the morning....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts