Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose someone has a case of orderer's remorse and backs out. What happens then? Can the dealer then accept the car into their normal stock and sell it on ebay or however they choose? Hmmm....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Several dealers told me GM had collected at least the first 4000 registration numbers as of Sunday and would go down the list in case of dropouts, ineligiblility, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. That works. Hopefully one of the dealers can confirm.

I've emailed the guy selling this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6386&item=4543914319&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Our email exchange:

Is this auction for one of the first 1000 Solstices?

"thank you for your interest in our vehicle. this will be one of the first 1000 solstices."

I thought all 1000 of the first 1000 vehicles were already sold and that dealers were not eligible to purchase the vehicles themselves. How can I be sure that you actually have one of these first 1000 Solstices? You are a Pontiac dealer selling a brand new Solstice, right?

"this is one of the first 1000 solstices available. this vehicle has a deposit and is for a customer that has come across an unforeseen situation and will not be able to take delivery of the vehicle. instead of keeping his unrefundable deposit i will help him out with that and return his deposit when the vehicle is sold. i am a new pontiac dealer and will sell the five solstices through the program. this will be the sixth solstice the wording on ebay is a bit mixed up and i can not change it since i already have a bid. thanks miguel"

Now to figure out who to talk to in Pontiac Marketing. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
If someone backs out or does not qualify for the first 1,000. Pontiac will go to the first person on the waiting list. If more back out or do not qualify, the same happens over and over until all 1,000 are approved. As of Friday night Pontiac had over 5,000 people on the waiting list. And only Pontiac knows the order of the list. They wont let us dealers have that info.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ddecart said:
Cool. That works. Hopefully one of the dealers can confirm.

I've emailed the guy selling this one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6386&item=4543914319&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Our email exchange:

Is this auction for one of the first 1000 Solstices?

"thank you for your interest in our vehicle. this will be one of the first 1000 solstices."

I thought all 1000 of the first 1000 vehicles were already sold and that dealers were not eligible to purchase the vehicles themselves. How can I be sure that you actually have one of these first 1000 Solstices? You are a Pontiac dealer selling a brand new Solstice, right?

"this is one of the first 1000 solstices available. this vehicle has a deposit and is for a customer that has come across an unforeseen situation and will not be able to take delivery of the vehicle. instead of keeping his unrefundable deposit i will help him out with that and return his deposit when the vehicle is sold. i am a new pontiac dealer and will sell the five solstices through the program. this will be the sixth solstice the wording on ebay is a bit mixed up and i can not change it since i already have a bid. thanks miguel"

Now to figure out who to talk to in Pontiac Marketing. :D
Not wnaating to offend anybody here from FLA, but did anybody see the "60 Minutes" show on Sunday, something about more crooked politicians and highwaymen per capita than any other state in the Union? Maybe a whole other thread here.

·
Registered
409 Posts
That dealer is wrong, as are many that "sold" their allocation if the first 1,000. Here, my dealership was also said to have "up to 5" that does not mean they get 5. They actually only got 1 of the first 1k. Be shady of these people. They are business men, they are not stupid, they know how to work the system and word (like was up above) to get out of the deal if they can deliver on the promise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts